December 08, 2014

Christmas time in Pizzo!


Natale in Pizzo
 

The photo that Angelo sent me last night is so beautiful that I changed our facebook page cover for the first time to share the Christmas feeling in the South of Italy.

This week the temperatures are from 6 degree (lowest during night) up to 15 degree Celsius during the day. Winter clothes and heating is definitely required as occasional rain and wind make it feel more chilly.

 
This year's festive illumination (luminarie) in Pizzo is especially beautiful. On December 8, with the fiesta of the "immaculate conception", the day Italians traditionally decorate their homes for Christmas, a procession took place in Pizzo's piazza. I shared a photo and a link on Facebook. Click below and read more about this special day in Italy: 



1 comment:

  1. HI, Susan! I just stumbled on your website. A belated Merry Christmas to you - very nice Christmas lights in Pizzo! And congratulations on the impressive renovation of your palazzo in Pizzo! I lived in Calabria for a number of years (Reggio and Locri), and I found the Province of Vibo Valentia a delight to visit. I included sections on Pizzo, Tropea, Capo Vaticano and Vibo in my book that I just completed (Calabria: The Other Italy by Karen Haid). All the best!

    ReplyDelete