June 21, 2007

Pizzo Picture Postcards


I love these two postcards!


I first bought them ten years ago, when I spent my first summer holiday in Calabria together with my husband ('il mio fidanzato' at that time). I bought them again last year. They are yellowish on the back. They must have been on stock for sooo many years...

The first one is really special. I wonder why they printed so many of it? This postcard wins a prize for 'unbelievable, strange' postcard and needs to be collected.

And the second one spreads so much charme. La Piazza Umberto has not much changed in these years. (Just a few more cars are parking on the right nowadays).

I think these two postcards show exactly why I like Pizzo. It is a picturesque, dozy little village in the South that has not been spoilt by tourism. And I hope that will never change.

4 comments:

  1. I love the diver post card! Sort of quirky! The water looks so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your blog! You are practically living my dream! I spent the summer studying abroad 2 years ago in Italy, and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. I am glad I can live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Katiedid,
    I love the diver, too and that little boot with the captain. Very quirky.
    The water is like that in Calabria! Almost like in Thailand.

    Dear Mandy,
    where did you study? You are welcome to enjoy the 'armchair travel' to Italy with me.

    Tanti Saluti

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how cute! I love the top image. it has that love of life we Americans want to see in Italian photos.

    My husband and I have spent about a month in Italy over the past two years and hope to one day live there. Let me rephrase that, I intend to have a home there one day.

    ciao, bella!

    ReplyDelete