March 13, 2010

Here comes spring with Bergamotto di Calabria


Like almost everywhere in Europe we too got tons of snow again - I really like a white winter, but now its enough ! - Spring, where are you ?!

While dreaming of warm sunny spring, I found the above sunny advertising this morning in my mail from our local shopping mall.

Acqua di Parma ... I just love the name of the brand, the simple but elegant design of the bottles and boxes and I love the fresh smell of Acqua di Parma fragrances.

Do I advertise the brand here ? Its the other way round. Acqua di Parma does advertising for Calabria !


With the newest eau de toilette "BERGAMOTTO DI CALABRIA" from the Blu Mediterraneo line, Calabria gets a more elegant image. - Indeed, my local mall prints below the ad: "Let yourself take away on a trip to Calabria..."
Spring is calling.
Although Pizzo has seen 20 degrees last week, I think they had some snow this week too. At least cold rain.

I am sure, with this Italian cult brand the local bergamot fragrance producers will get a boost. Their little bergamot bottles of 15 ml costs about 5 Euro, while Acqua di Parma's 60 ml bottle costs 50 Euro - more than double.

Further more, Acqua di Parma customers might get interested in the South Italian destination. Calabria is in really good company. The fragrance line includes all of Italian’s spectacular Mediterranean coast: Cipresso di Toscana, Arancia di Capri, Ficco di Amalfi, Bergamotto di Calabria, Mirto di Panarea  and Mandorlo di Sicilia (in order from North to South). I think my nose has to test them all. 

4 comments:

  1. aloha,

    i'm surprised to think you get snow down in calabria, although i've never been to your city, i've spent some time along the coastline...such beautiful country...hope you get warm sun soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Noel,

    tons of snow came down much further North - I am in Germany right now - sorry if that was confusing.

    Snow on Calabrian coast is seldom, however, you can even skii up in the mountains of Sila.

    Glad to read that you enjoyed Clabria's coastline! It is beautiful indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzie,
    that sounded so tempting to me that I tried to buy this scent right away. Unfortunately not yet available in my area. Well, Fico de Amalfi has to to it for me and let me tell you - it smells wonderful and full of spring!
    All the best,
    Yvalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Yvalie, they should pay me a commission for seducing readers that quickly !!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete