April 24, 2010

Great white kitchen by Paola Navone


An all white kitchen including white walls does not have to look boring !
This is the kitchen of Italian architect and designer Paola Navone in her house in Greece.

I am impressed by this simple, yet functional and beautiful kitchen. The first thing I recognised is the precise measure work they must have done with the window and the below water tap. I am wondering how they can open and close the window. We have about the same window situation and needed to place the sink into the corner. 

It would be our layout situation - if it would be that way with a sloping roof :


But we have changed our plans to a single line kitchenette.
So far it is all white - the colour of the fridge is not decided yet.

I found this kitchen via the Italian blog design & more. If you want to see more pictures of Paola Navone's retreat in Greece go to the style-files.

1 comment:

  1. Suzie,
    Just thought you'd like to know that we have the same sink situation and the answer is that in Italy (apparently they run across this a lot) you can buy faucets that are jointed to bend over when you open the window. That's how mine works. I only open the kitchen window when I'm cleaning it outside but I just have to slap the faucet down and voila.

    P.S. I could use your vote on my Restoration post from last week.

    ReplyDelete